Thursday, October 14, 2010

Road not taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, 
And sorry I could not travel both 
And be one traveler, long I stood 
And looked down one as far as I could 
To where it bent in the undergrowth;  

Then took the other, as just as fair, 
And having perhaps the better claim, 
Because it was grassy and wanted wear; 
Though as for that the passing there 
Had worn them really about the same,   

And both that morning equally lay 
In leaves no step had trodden black. 
Oh, I kept the first for another day! 
Yet knowing how way leads on to way, 
I doubted if I should ever come back.  

I shall be telling this with a sigh 
Somewhere ages and ages hence: 
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-- 
I took the one less traveled by, 
And that has made all the difference.

As I reach the age of 20, this poem frequently come to my mind...
Regardless of how the result is going to be, I've made choices for myself.. (:

2 Comments:

Anonymous MattG said...

Wow that's a great poem. I heard the saying before but never the poem.

3:26 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wao, you still remember this poem..
not bad at all...Haahah
I totally forget my literature but till just now.. memories flashback...

12:04 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home


[Get This]